The internet has transformed people’s activities in all spheres of life. Indeed, it is safe to say that it is the greatest technological invention so far. Getting online presence involves hosting a website on a webhost.
History of Webhosts
Though the internet came into being in 1980s, you would need your own server to host a website before 1991. Today, there is an overwhelmingly large number of webhosts. In fact, some of them offer webhosting services for free. iPage is one of the most popular webhosts in the modern times because of its customer friendly hosting plans.
iPage has been offering webhosting services since 1998. This tells you that it has the experience needed to meet the webhosting needs of every website. Its flexibility stems from its knowledge of each customer as unique and requiring special attention. Indeed, every case is a special case when it comes to iPage webhosting plans. With iPage, you can be sure that your website, email and online security are at their best.
Currently available webhosting plans
There are several plans, designed depending on various factors, such as business needs and server location.
Some of the commonest plans include:
• Shared webhosting. From its name, shared hosting plan allows you to host your website on a server that is also hosting other websites. It is cheap and therefore affordable to most small and medium-sized enterprises
• Dedicated webhosting. This is the opposite of shared hosting. A dedicated server hosts your website only. There is thus no interference from other websites. It is suitable for websites with a lot of traffic and those that require high security levels.
• Reseller hosting. If you have too much disk space and bandwidth on your dedicated server that you are not using, you can consider reseller hosting where other sites can be hosted on your server to make use of the excess disc space and bandwidth.
• VPS hosting. Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting has elements of both dedicated and shared hosting plans. Though the server hosts several sites, each site has a fixed proportion of resources, meaning that the performance of one site does not in any way affect the performance of another site on the shared hosting platform
• Cloud hosting. This is a recent development in the webhosting scene that allows you to take advantage of the benefits of both dedicated and shared webhosting plans while at the same time allowing you to modify the speed of your server depending on your needs.
Each of these plans has its own advantages and disadvantages. Webhosting companies have also come up with innovative variations of these plans in order to ensure that each customer need is met. For instance, iPage offers the Essential plan which delivers all the basic webhosting needs to individuals and businesses, for only $1.99 per month. VPS hosting is also available, under which there is the basic, business and optimum plans. This plan comes with increased controls, cloud-based flexibility and access to semi-private resources. In all plans, there is customer care support around the clock to ensure that no customer gets bogged down in the process of hosting their websites.
All said and done, webhosts are the pathways to online presence these days and with the promise of continued research in the technological sector, more customer-friendly plans are bound to be introduced.